If you live in an area that gets a lot of snow, then you know how important it is to have a good snow fence. A snow fence is temporary fencing that is typically used to control the movement of snow. It is usually placed along the side of a road or highway to prevent drifting snow from blocking the roadway. Snow fences can also be used to keep people and vehicles off of a slippery surface, like a frozen lake.
Mobile Fencing, Inc. rents out high-quality snow fencing for both commercial and residential use. We have a variety of different sizes and types of fencing to choose from, so you can find the perfect one for your needs. Our experienced team will deliver and set up the fencing for you, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
Why Use a Snow Fence?
There are many reasons why you might want to use a snow fence. Snow fences can help to:
- Prevent accidents by keeping people and vehicles off of icy surfaces
- Reduce the amount of time it takes to clear a roadway after a winter storm
- Keep snow from drifting onto the property or into areas where it is not wanted
How Does a Snow Fence Work?
A snow fence works by causing snow to drift in a particular direction. The fence catches the wind and forces the snow to drift over it, rather than around it. This causes the snow to accumulate on the side of the fence opposite the wind.
Types of Snow Fences
There are several different types of snow fences that you can choose from, depending on your needs. The most common type of snow fence is made from wood slats. These fences are relatively inexpensive and easy to install. Wire mesh snow fences are also popular because they are durable and can be reused for many years. Plastic snow fences are a good choice for temporary fencing because they are lightweight and easy to move.
How to Choose a Snow Fence
When choosing a snow fence, there are several factors that you need to consider, including:
- The type of surface that you will be using the fence on
- The size of the area that you need to cover
- The amount of snowfall that you typically get in your area
- The wind conditions in your area
- Whether or not you need a temporary or permanent fence
If you have any questions about choosing the right snow fence for your needs, contact Mobile Fencing, Inc. today. Our experienced team will be happy to help you rent the perfect fencing for your property.